Opotiki Helicopters NZ Ltd is committed to the Health and Safety of all staff and customers. In order to achieve this Opotiki Helicopters NZ Ltd conducts its activities in accordance with the Opotiki Helicopters NZ Ltd Health and Safety policies and procedures manual. Version 1 September 2017.
In addition, Opotiki Helicopters NZ Ltd is governed and complies with the New Zealand Civil Aviation rules which are designed to maximise Health and Safety within the Aviation sector.
Opotiki Helicopters NZ Ltd prides itself on our complete Safety Management System (SMS).The SMS is designed to cover all fields of our operations – from the office base through to complex lifting operations and long term contracts.
Our company prides itself on the Safety and Risk Management culture. We always ensure all Personnel are safe, and each job is completed in the safest possible way.
Our SMS is designed to be flexible to suit any client’s specific needs.
Call us today to discuss your needs and how together, we can achieve a positive and safe result.
Health & Safety Systems We Have in Place
- Health and safety policy (SMS)
- CAA 135 and 137 certified operator
- Flight followed aircraft
- Modern well maintained aircraft (MD520N NOTARS)
- Spider tracks (Aircraft in flight tracking system)
- Emergency Equipment and Management
- Passenger safety briefings
- Crew training
- Initial and recurrent training program
- First aid certified employees
- Crew ppe equipment
- Dangerous goods certified pilots and crew
- Hazard and risk management
- Fatigue management
- Accident and incident management
- Injury management
- Quality assurance
- Safety meetings
- Internal and external safety audits
- Role equipment management